Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reality TV....

Reality TV has dominated television. I think there is literally a reality show about EVERYTHING! Although I am part of the reality TV family because I've taken part in one, I'm not so crazy about them anymore. Like everyone I thought it was all real. However, after being a part of one you realize what really goes into "Reality" TV and in the end not everything you see is real. I took part in Viva Hollywood because I felt being that it was an acting competition it was a great opportunity to showcase my talent. When I watched the show every week when it aired I realized how much they edited. Majority reality shows film for about a month, so if you think about one month of filming and you only see one hour a week, you could imagine what you don't see. After Viva Hollywood aired I experienced the positive and negative affects of it. I was blessed with an awesome fan base who were so supportive and genuine and still are to this day. But as always with that also comes the haters, and WOW people really go in, lol. I knew going into this business that there's people that are going to like you and people that are going to hate you, that's just how it is. But in the end no one is prepared for the negative criticism or judgements by complete strangers. We are all human so as much as you can have the "I don't care what people think about me" attitude, regardless it still hurts. More so because people are judging you without really knowing anything about you except for what is being portrayed on "Reality" TV. I dealt with it very well, I realized that I couldn't blame them for it because they are going by what they see, and I was one of those people at one point watching and making my own judgements once. I learned never to judge anyone on reality tv, basically never judge anyone in general because you don't know what that person is going through or their reasons for doing what they do. Everyone has a story and no one is perfect. We are all learning and growing each day. I also want people to know that when you are on set of a reality it is not all peaches and cream. You are not just hanging out doing whatever you want, there is alot that goes into it and the production had alot of control. The pressure is on and being on set all day and living with complete strangers can sometimes bring out the worst in you. There so much going on and it becomes this mental fight because you don't have full control of everything. If we all had a camera watching us 24/7 I'm sure the world would see things about you that you probably didn't want them to see. So my point is don't judge anyone, look at yourself first before you make judgements on anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Harsh words can cut straight to the heart, but like any disease we can build up immunity and actually become stronger. I am sending you nothing but love! I fell out of the game awhile back, but I now have a such a huge appreciation for those that can keep going. When you live your art, more then you love your art...then you are truly an artist.

    Peace and bliss,
    Jen O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haters have to hate its something that seeping through there paws its true nothing can really prepare you for harsh criticize but thats what keeps us as humans going !

    ReplyDelete