Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ignorance.....

Ok I need to address something, while writing my blog, I caught a little bit of the new VH1 series of Charm School. If you haven't seen it, it's basically the Rock of Love and Real Chance of Love girls competing for $100,000.00. One of the girls from Real Chance of Love was eliminated. I don't know the reason for the elimination because I only caught a part of the show. But the part that caught my attention was when a few white girls from R.O.L were talking about some of the black girls from R.C.O.L and how they are "ghetto". The world ghetto is used very loosely by alot of people. I feel that it's used alot mainly towards minorities. The minute they see a minority speaking up for themselves or upset at something, they are automatically called ghetto. I'm always called ghetto the minute I say I'm from East New York Brooklyn, I don't have to do anything, people just associate people from E.N.Y Brooklyn as ghetto. I think it's stupid and ignorant to judge people in such a way. Just because people live in the ghetto doesnt mean they are ghetto. When someone minority speaks their mind, or has an argument with someone doesnt mean they are ghetto. It's disgusting to know that people can be so ignorant in this day and age. Just had to vent and share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment